So it’s already half way through May (whaaattt!?) and I thought this would be an appropriate time to re-visit my 2017 goals. This year, I made sure my 2017 goals list met 3 criteria:
1. It had to be well rounded…I’m talking travel, learning, fitness, financial etc.
2. I had to challenge myself and not do easy ‘tick off’ type of goals
3. I had to be inspired by them! These are my goals – they’re just for me…so why have anything on here that I didn’t feel super passionate about?
2. Learn 3 songs on the Piano – I have no idea how to play the piano
3. Complete 5 MOOCS – I’ll do a post on these soon
4. Read 12 Books – it’s important (but hard) for me to make time to read books, I have quite the book collection!
5. Have $xxxxx in our Offset Account – Savings is really important for me and makes me a lil’ less crazy
6. Have $xxxxx in our Shares Account – Dabbling in a bit of trading these days
7. Significantly help someone with their business – I LOVE helping people
8. Complete 5 house upgrades – something so satisfying about making your home just that bit more homely
9. Nurture and edible garden and have laying chickens – free ranged eggs
10. Hold a forearm balance – headstand is all I can currently muster…and a few lucky handstands shortly before falling over
12. Go on a 20km Hike – So nice being out in nature
13. Squat or Deadlift twice my body weight – been on my goals list for 2 years now 😦
14. Solve a Rubik’s cube in under 3 minutes – because…why not?
15. Go on 28 coffee dates with different friends – connection is so important to me
16. Have an overseas pen pal – again…old school connection
17. Memorise 150 Mandarin Characters (and be able to say them too!) – started learning Mandarin 2 weeks ago
I guess this is a safe place to say that I have dropped the ball on some of these…but there is no time like the present to get back on the horse! I am definitely a ‘list person’ so the biggest thing for me is to make sure I effectively do my usual Sunday planning- which I actually enjoy doing. What do you do to keep you focused on your goals?
I would love to hear other people’s 2017 goals or life goals! Feel free to comment or link me to your post!